From synthetic IDs and account-takeover, investor protection from Crypto-related fraud has been a particular focus for policymakers, regulators and the industry. Crypto firms have an increasing focus on enhancing their business processes to keep customers safe from fraud and cyber-attacks.
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions and Regulation Asia co-hosted a webinar - “The Fraud Epidemic and the Golden Age of Crypto Scams” on 2nd June. Our panel of experts – Stephen Topliss, Vice President of Fraud & Identity from LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Chris Holland, Partner from Holland & Marie, Payal Patel, Vice President Risk & Compliance – APAC from Circle, and Brand Maclean from Regulation Asia, took a ‘behind-the-scenes' look at how regulated platforms are battling cryptocurrency abuses, criminal actors attempting to perpetrate fraud, launder money, circumvent sanctions and evade tax, and shared how to prevent fraud with risk-based authentication and anonymised digital identity.
- Emerging fraud trends and typologies in crypto
- Crypto-related activities designed to obfuscate financial flows
- Licensing requirements and regulatory expectations on managing customer risk
- Establishing behavioural profiles and 'what good looks like
- Maintaining connectedness with the 'traditional' financial system
- Preventing fraud with risk-based authentication and anonymised digital identity